One must demonstrate eligibility in order to sit for an NHCWA national certification exam. You will be asked to show proof that you fulfill one of the following requirements in order to register for the exam.
Complete at least ONE of the following:
- Graduation from an allied health vocational training program
- One year of work experience in the field
- Military experience/training in the field
- Reciprocity from another certifying agency
NHCWA Certification Requirements for Phlebotomy, Medical Assistant, and Patient Care Technician:
The following skills requirements are mandatory and must be met for NHCWA certification: The NHCWA requires CPR certification for all medical professionals applying for NHCWA certification.
- Current CPR certification
- A minimum of 25 successful venipuncture’s
- A Minimum of 10 successful Skin puncture’s
- A Minimum of 10 EKG Test Strips
- ***Additional mandatory Requirement for Patient Care Technician certification Candidate Must hold a current valid State Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA licenses. (no exceptions)
(In addition check your states requirements for minimum EKG strips & venipuncture Sticks some states require an average of 15 EKG Test Strips and 30 venipuncture Sticks)
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions about eligibility.
Candidates are required to present a form of unexpired, government-issued ID bearing a current photograph and signature at the test site in order to be allowed to take the exam.
If your driver’s license does not include a photograph, this is not an acceptable form of identification.
If you are testing outside of your country of citizenship, you must present a valid passport or some other form of government issued ID with a photograph and signature. If you are testing within your country of citizenship, you must present either a valid passport, driver’s license, national ID or military ID, which contains your photograph and signature.
The identification document must be in Latin characters and contain your photograph and signature. If you do not have a government issued ID with photograph and signature you must make special arrangements with NHCWA prior to the exam date.
The NHCWA Test Center Administration will validate a Candidate’s identification by verifying that the name, photograph and signature on the Candidates ID match the NHCWA record. If the Test Center Administrator has any questions or concerns about the Candidate’s identification they will contact the NHCWA office for further instructions.