Submission deadlines: Online or mail in registration forms for examinations and Preparatory workshops must be submitted 5 days prior to examination. The fee for the workshop is $299, which includes exam fee. There is also a $89 registration fee not included in the workshop fee.
Pre-requisites for Workshop Participation:
Our workshops are generally designed for those who have a prior background in healthcare by way of experience, schooling, and/or job training in the field of study, such as:
Phlebotomy, Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, EKG Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, Medical Laboratory Assistant Insurance Exam Technician, Medical Administrative Assistant, Residential Healthcare Technician, Operating Room Surgical Technologist, Sterile Processing Technician, Multi Skill Healthcare Technician.
Supporting documentation: You must submit verifiable proof that you fulfill one of the following requirements listed below in order to register for the exams or Preparatory workshops.
What are the exam requirements? You must meet the eligibility requirements in order to take a NHCWA certification exam. After you register for the exam, you will be asked to show proof of eligibility.
One of these requirements must be met:
- Graduation from an allied health vocational training program
- One year of work experience in the field
- Military experience/training in the field
- Reciprocity from another certifying agency
How do I show proof of eligibility to take the exam?
When you register for the exam, you will be asked to submit proof that you have met one of the requirements mentioned above. Acceptable forms of proof may include:
- Copy of certificate of training or graduation diploma
- Copy of school transcript
- Letter from employer showing proof and length of employment
- Copy of check stub showing proof and length of employment
- Copy of proof of military training
- Certification number and name of another certifying agency (for reciprocity)
Any of these forms of proof must be presented when you arrive to the workshop or submitted by mail to NHCWA Po box 5034 Milford CT 06460 or faxed to 877-560-9486 to be allowed to participate in the workshop. *** All documentation will be verified before you receive your certification.
If we do not receive proof that you meet the requirements to sit for the NHCWA examination and Preparatory workshop your registration form and fee will be returned to you in 7 business days.