NHCWA Preparatory Workshops can Benefit Students and Healthcare Professionals
Our Preparatory Workshops are great for students and healthcare professionals who are planning to take the NHCWA certification exam, the NHCWA Preparatory Workshops are the key to successful completion of the NHCWA exam for many students and healthcare professionals. Student’s and healthcare professionals can register at any time for the Preparatory workshops.
All certification programs, and workshops are developed, and evaluated by industry-experienced professionals with the best education and advance degree such as MS, Ph.D., MBA, MD, DCRA, MS/Ph.D. (Nurse).
This certification review workshop is great for:
- Lapsed certification
- Continuing education hours
- For individuals with 1-year experience working in the medical field that would like to become nationally certified.
- Healthcare facilities and nursing groups to certify their employees.
- Unemployed/underemployed healthcare professionals with prior healthcare background by way of schooling or experience.
- Students that have trouble passing their certification exam due to test anxiety.
- Medical Assistants & Patient Care Technicians that want to get certified in Phlebotomy & EKG in as little as 1 day!
- Students graduating from an allied health training program
- Healthcare Professionals that were trained on the job, but were never certified.
Exam Preparation & Certification Workshops
For the hands-on learner, NHCWA offers one or two-day certification exam preparation workshops for qualified healthcare professionals in the following healthcare fields:
- Phlebotomy Technician CPT
- Medical Assistant CMA
- Patient Care Technician CPCT
- EKG Technician CET
- Pharmacy Technician CPHT
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist CBCS
- Medical Laboratory Assistant CMLA
- Insurance Exam Technician CIET
- Medical Administrative Assistant CMAA
- Residential Healthcare Technician CRHT
- Healthcare Workers Bridge Program
- Multi Skill Healthcare Technician (CMHT)
This is an adaptive program and its personalized practice quizzes help you study and better prepare for certification by identifying your individual strengths and weaknesses. Every question on the exam is associated with one of the knowledge or skill statements that can be found in the Exam Content Outline that will be covered in the workshop.
If you choose to take the advantage of this opportunity, you will be able to sit for the NHCWA and NPCTA National Exam at the end of the workshop and receive national certification upon successful completion of the exam, please visit our website http://nationalhealthcareworkersassociation.com/ for registration and to take the workshop exam at a time, date, and location of your choice.
Pre-requisites for Workshop Participation:
Our certification workshops are designed for those who have a prior background in healthcare by way of experience, schooling, and/or job training in the field of study, such as:
Phlebotomy, Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, EKG Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, Medical Laboratory Assistant Insurance Exam Technician, Medical Administrative Assistant, Residential Healthcare Technician, Surgical Technologist, Sterile Processing Technician, Multi Skill Technician
NHCWA Preparatory Workshops can Benefit Program Directors and Instructors
External Assessment of Your Education Program
Identifying Your Students’ Strengths and Weaknesses
Several allied health training education programs use the NHCWA Preparatory Workshop as an external evaluation of their curricula. If an institution sends 10 or more students to a workshop, we will send a report back to the program director that identifies the group’s strengths and weaknesses based on the NHCWA Study material. In this way, program directors can find out which topics they cover well and which topics might need further instruction in order to best prepare the students. Therefore, the NHCWA Preparatory Workshop can benefit the instructors, as well as the students that he or she instructs.
Our workshops are not designed to teach your students how to become HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS in a day. Your students have had countless hours of classroom instruction and clinical experiences to prepare them to become HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS. Rather, our workshop is designed to teach students to study more efficiently and to attack the exam with a systematic approach. Our workshop doesn’t prepare them for the exam as much as it prepares them to prepare for the exam…
Hosting an NHCWA Preparatory Workshop or scheduling an exam date
If you are interested in hosting an NHCWA Preparatory Workshop or scheduling an exam date at your institution, please contact (855) 378-3132
Some Topics for Phlebotomy, Medical Assistant, & Patient Care Technician Candidates Will include: Standard of Care, Anatomy and Physiology of the Circulatory System, Venipuncture Equipment, Tests, Tubes, Additives and Laboratory Processing, Order of Draw, Venipuncture, Complications, Blood Collection in Special Populations, and updated information on legal and regulatory requirements. The most current information available will be provided through Classroom Lessons (Lectures, Small Group Discussions, Assigned Reading/Exercises), Videos, Hands-on Lab Practice and Demonstration.
Typical NHCWA Preparatory Workshop Schedule
The workshop study material serves as the “blueprint” of the NHCWA Exam. The Mock Exams of the NHCWA Preparatory Workshops are designed with the same ratio of questions as the workshop Study material to give participants the most accurate evaluation of their strengths and weaknesses.
(Weekend and evening workshops are also available)
Morning Session (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 noon)
◦ Introduction: Review of Goals and Objectives
▪ Understanding the testing process, question selection, and the NHCWA Study material
▪ Test taking strategies – Written Exam
◦ Take Mock Written Exam
◦ Help Session:
▪ Resource library
◦ Review of Mock Written Exam, with reference to specific tasks within the NHCWA Study material
- Lunch (12:30 noon to 1:30 p.m.) off site
Afternoon Session (1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
▪ Test taking strategies – Alternative question types
▪ Preparing for the Exam
▪ Hands on venipuncture and EKG Practice for Phlebotomy, Medical Assistant, & Patient Care Technician Candidates who request it.
▪ Focus on Specific Needs
◦ Identify Study Aids and Resources
◦ Wrap-up and Evaluation
Take The computer based Exam Two hour time limit
(3:50 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.)
There is a $89 non-refundable registration fee not included in the workshop fee. The cost for the NHCWA Preparatory Workshop is $299.00, which includes the exam fee. Confirmation letter with location and additional information will be sent to you upon receipt and processing of your registration/application and deposit. Employment or education verification documentation will be required upon admission. Please visit the Preparatory Workshop requirements page for additional information on requirements.
Cancellation Policy Registered students who find that they are unable to attend the workshop for any reason may request a full refund of all monies paid up to three weeks prior to the start of the workshop–after that date, a $89 Cancellation Fee will be retained by NHCWA and remaining funds will be refunded.
NHCWA will also issue a full refund if a workshop is cancelled due to weather conditions, or not enough attendees.
***Please read preparatory workshop requirements page before you register.